Clausen Congressional Papers
- Humboldt State University
- CSUH University Library
- Congressional Papers ; Northwestern California ; Don H. Clausen ; Humboldt County ; Redwood National Park ; Aviation education ; Eel River ; Russian River ; Klamath River ; Warm Springs Dam ; Native Americans
- The Don H. Clausen Congressional Papers document Mr. Clausen’s House of Representative service January 1963 – January 1983 as well as selected materials about his career and public service since 1983. Highlights of the collection are materials relating to the creation of Redwood National Park (in 1968) and its expansion (in 1978), securing the funding for the Lake Sonoma/Warm Springs Dam project, the King Range National Recreation Area, the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, establishing the 200 mile off-shore fishing limit, the forestry and wine industries, the rivers especially Eel, Russian, and Klamath, Native American concerns, and aviation especially aviation education.
- Dates covered:
- 1963-1983 with supplemental material 1983-2000
- Collection Size:
- 180 linear feet
For more information:
- Additional Information (HSU Library Collection Page)
- Citation Sample:
- Clausen Congressional Papers, Humboldt State University Library
- Collection policy:
- Open for research by appointment. Copyright has not been assigned to the Humboldt State University Library. To obtain permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the Special Collections Librarian.