Grace E. Barneberg Papers, 1912-1953
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Robert E. Kennedy Library
- Barneberg, Grace Elizabeth, (1883-1970)
San Luis Obispo (Calif.)--History.
San Luis Obispo County (Calif.)--History
Societies--California--San Luis Obispo.
Women in charitable work--California--San Luis Obispo
Women civic leaders--California--San Luis Obispo.
Women--California--San Luis Obispo.
Women--Societies and clubs.
- Papers of San Luis Obispo civic leader Grace E. Barneberg, comprised of correspondence, organizational records, legal documents, newspaper clippings, photographs, and ephemera. The collection documents her official activities as president of the Monday Club and activities in regional and statewide women's and service organizations, including the California State Hospital Libraries, San Luis Obispo Free Public Library, Board of Women's Prisons, San Luis Obispo Dental Clinic, San Luis Obispo Mitchell Park, County Health Center, and the Red Cross. Also included are Barneberg family records.
- Dates covered:
- 1912-1953 (bulk 1920s)
- Collection Size:
- 1 document box (.5 linear feet)
For more information:
- Additional Information
- Citation Sample:
- Grace E. Barneberg Papers, Special Collections and Archives, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.
- Collection policy:
- Collection is open to qualified researchers by appointment only. For more information on access policies and to obtain a copy of the Researcher Registration form, please visit the Special Collections Access page.