Norman Clyde-Robert C. Pavlik Collection
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Robert E. Kennedy Library
- Clyde, Norman, 1885-1972
Mountaineering -- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.)
Natural History -- California
Mountaineers -- California -- Biography
Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.)
Yosemite National Park (Calif.) -- History
California -- Description and travel
- The Norman Clyde-Robert C. Pavlik Collection contains the research notes, correspondence, interview notes, vital records, background materials, and secondary sources compiled and created by Pavlik in the course of writing his 2008 biography, Norman Clyde: Legendary Mountaineer of California's Sierra Nevada. Also included are original Norman Clyde materials given to Pavlik as he researched the mountaineer's life and career. Multiple drafts and galleys of the book, together with correspondence with Pavlik's publishers are also included.
- Dates covered:
- 1906-2009, bulk 1984-2008
- Collection Size:
- 11 boxes
For more information:
- Additional Information
- Citation Sample:
- Norman Clyde-Robert C. Pavlik Collection, Special Collections, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.
- Collection policy:
- Collection is open to qualified researchers by appointment only. For more information on access policies and to obtain a copy of the Researcher Registration form, please visit the Special Collections Access page. Collection stored remotely. Advance notice for use required.