Aztec Shops Records

collection

Aztec Shops Records

Campus:
San Diego State University
Library:
Library and Information Access
Subject(s):
Aztec Shops (Firm : San Diego, Calif.) -- Archives ; Aztec Shops (Firm : San Diego, Calif.) -- History -- 20th century -- Sources ; College stores -- California -- San Diego -- History -- 20th century -- Sources ; San Diego (Calif.) -- Commerce -- History -- 20th century -- Sources ; San Diego State University -- History -- 20th century -- Sources
Description:
San Diego State University's Aztec Shops, Ltd. was incorporated in 1931 for the sole purpose of serving faculty, students, and staff at SDSU. The bookstore and food services originally operated out of a small, temporary headquarters before the current bookstore was built in 1958. The first portion of the dining commons was completed the same year, and replaced the only food service then available on campus. East Commons was added in 1961, West Commons in 1966, and Aztec Center was opened in 1968. Aztec Shops is responsible for the operation of all on-campus commercial services. The collection includes constitutions and by-laws, financial reports, operating budgets, board minutes, and copies of the employee manual.
Dates covered:
1959-1996
Language(s):
English
Collection Size:
2.50 linear feet
For more information:
Additional Information (Finding Aid Database)
Additional Information (The PAC)
Citation Sample:
Identification of item, folder title, box number, Aztec Shops Records, Special Collections and University Archives, Library and Information Access, San Diego State University.
Collection policy:
This collection is open for research. The copyright interests in the materials found in this collection belong to San Diego State University. Special Collections and University Archives can only grant permission to publish materials for which it is the copyright holder.