Women's Association Collection

collection

Women's Association Collection

Campus:
San Diego State University
Library:
Library and Information Access
Subject(s):
San Diego State University Women's Association -- Archives ; San Diego State University Women's Association -- History -- 20th century -- Sources ; College teachers' spouses -- California -- San Diego -- Societies and clubs
Description:
The San Diego State University Women's Association began as the Faculty Dames club in 1927. The club was established as a social organization to help faculty wives get to know each other. By-laws for the Faculty Dames were established in November of 1932. The group's objective was to promote education at San Diego state by providing scholarships and other charitable endeavors while promoting a more social campus. The Faculty Dames set up a scholarship fund to help women complete their education. In 1971, the Faculty Dames changed their name to Faculty Wives. They would change their name again in 1974 to Women's Club, before becoming the San Diego State University Women's Association in 1983.
Dates covered:
1927-2000
Language(s):
English
Collection Size:
2.50 linear feet
For more information:
Additional Information (Finding Aid Database)
Additional Information (The PAC)
Citation Sample:
Identification of item, folder title, box number, Women's Association Collection, Special Collections and University Archives, Library and Information Access, San Diego State University.
Collection policy:
The copyright interests in the materials found in this collection belong to San Diego State University. Special Collections and University Archives can only grant permission to publish materials for which it is the copyright holder.