Reginald S. Davis Orchid Collection
Reginald S. Davis Orchid Colle
- San Diego State University
- Library and Information Access
- The Reginald S. Davis Orchid Collection consists of over 2,000 volumes of books and periodicals on the growing, classification, and description of orchids from around the world. The bulk of the collection was presented to the Malcolm A. Love Library in 1971 by Reginald Davis, a prominent orchidologist for several decades. His travels with the State Department took him to many countries of the world where he studied indigenous orchids and collected books, journals and other materials about them. The collection includes scientific treatises, rare and scarce items, splendidly illustrated volumes and practical works on the cultivation of orchids.
- English; Russian; French; German; Spanish; Vietnamese; Latin; Japanese
- Collection Size:
- 2,000 items
- For more information:
- Additional Information (The PAC)
- Collection policy:
- This collection is open for research. The copyright interests in the materials found in this collection have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Special Collections and University Archives can only grant permission to publish materials for which it is the copyright holder.